Yesterday was interesting... we all got to do another full join up for practice, then we were able to watch a gelding! lol they sedated a relatively wild horse, laid him down, washed him... numbed him, then started cutting. Uh the sound of the demasculators was horrible you could hear it crunch! then he started wakeing up and that was it. No stiching or anything, they leave it open so it can drain over the next few days.
Very educational. One of my instructors does it at a farm in mexico and all they use is a mild sedative and a pocket knife... think about that for a bit...
Anyways, then we got to work some 2 year old over plastic tarps and into a step up trailor.
That was fun. Some of the babies would take a flying leap over the tarp.
And they like to run/jump out of the trailor as well. But after the session all of our horses were walking/standing quietly on the tarp, and going quietly in and out of the trailor.
THEN TODAY...
well it started good, my join up went very well I think. Although I realize that I do have one major problem in all of my training... I always think "just one more time and it will be perfect". But that's wrong, if it's good... end there!
Thankfully my horse was fit and patient with me, and my one (or few) more laps around didn't kill her. lol
then came the written test... first part... no problem, I studied that alot, and I feel I did well (we'll see tomorrow).
But I turned over the next page and what did I see? a diagram to lable with the bones... yup... I flunked that, and the muscle one.
Then there was another section I don't think I did to good at either...
ugh... I feel sick. maybe a fever, headache, sweating, fast heartbeat... I need to study. again!
I have another test tomorrow!
But on a good note, my luggage came today!
I'm sure tomorrows test will be better. I have my join up test (which I feel good about) and then another written exam, which I'm going to study for tonight! Hardcore study! these Monty Roberts instructors are no joke on being an educated horsemen!
I'll try to get pictures up ... they may not be pretty because yes I have pictures of the gelding!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How descriptive you are! Veeerrry descriptive. Yaggghhh! It's so "enlightening" to hear your adventures! :-{ When you finish this course you will be the best educated horseman in the region, maybe the state!
ReplyDeleteAnd as I always tell Anika, "Do your very best, but don't forget your schoolwork is not who you ARE." Same for you, kiddo. Adios, chica loca!
Hey, blogger! I can't wait to keep up with all your adventures and, believe it or not, to see those pictures of the gelding. Keep up the good work...I know youre going to do good on your test. Things will work out no matter what!Love ya!
ReplyDeleteWow. Ewww.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure YOU need to know all of that, but ME? I'm ok NOT knowing about "crunching demasculators" and "drainage"...
I'm sure everything will be fine!
And yay for clean non-horsey clothes!
I miss you!
Love YA! DES
ReplyDeleteThis blogging stuff is great. So since you are heading in the direction of being "big-time", do we need to get a contract on you? lol
ReplyDeleteWe are very proud of all you are doing and cannot wait to learn from you and promote your knowledge.