The more I'm here the more I come up with other things I would like to do in having my own farm!
Love the classes, it's amazing to see the people turn around in such a short time.
Love the horses, working with rescue and remedial horses is SO rewarding, even with the students! We have a horse named Momma (I think I have mentioned her before), she was very distrustful to humans, especially with her feet. Since I'm not teaching this class I have gotten to work with her the most and she has come along so wonderfully. But a lot of times the horses can become comfortable with one person (and the one persons way of dealing with things), today I got to watch the students work with her. And the student assigned to her was an older woman with a slight learning disability, wow... Momma was WONDERFUL! Having 2 weeks of wonderful students just love on her really built her confidence in mankind.
Now I just hope she get adopted by a family that will continue to deserve her respect.
The fear of working with these types of horses and rehabilitating them is when they leave here they have a very open minded view of people again... but what if they go right back into a bad setting? That just reinforces to the horse that people really cant be trusted.
It sickens me the more I learn about humans. I think that is my pull to kids, they are usually opened minded and loving. But the older we get, the more we loose that love.
So back to my original statement about learning what I want to do with my own farm... Kids, rescues, remedial issues, and classes. Surround myself with the positive side of this industry. With being the type of person I am, I think I could start really disliking humans if I went into the competition side of things. I already dislike my species enough... don't want to add fuel to the fire!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment