Sunday, February 7, 2010

one class down... 3 months to go.

Cant miss home yet! If I start now I will never make it the rest of the three months.

So I tell myself every morning "I'm enjoying this... only 3 months so make the most of it!"

The weekend class was really interesting, we had a wide variety of people from 50ish man to a 13 yr old girl. Very educational and I really enjoy teaching in a classroom! This was for horsemanship 101, so just the basics. We went over theory on the horse, went outside to tour the farm, leading, grooming, and even let them do a mock Join Up. It was wonderful to see their enthusiasm, something that we can find so mundane to new and exciting!

LOVED IT!

I'm trying to stay as positive about this whole adventure as possible. It's a whole new world for me, new people, new horses, new place! Very interesting how we work in new settings.

Strength I believe is one of my virtures (I'm sure friends at home would agree), but finding a balance between student and instructor is huge.
Thats all for now I guess... funny this wasn't about my horse at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment