I'm so sorry it has been so long! time really does get away from me out here.
Well... I made it. Feels like barely, but I did and that's all that matters.
My test was intense. one of the worst horses they had seen in an exam and of course I got her. Lovely Maya had realized this horse had an issue when she went into her stall and Yang (my mare) reared up, struck out at her and then turned and tried to double barrel her into the wall! Nice, and some how I drew her for the exam.
So during the test we go in and the two instructors and Monty are watching. We have to do a full join up, meaning tack up and long line. She did ok on her Join up then came long lineing and I didn't do what I should have so the turns were crazy. Monty had to come in and assist me, then I figured it out. So then we stop her and ask for a step backwards... and she went nuts!
She laid down 4 or 5 times, reared up, flipped over, everything she could think of to get away from the pressure. Finally she knocked herself in the wall and fell over. Every one ran into the pen to try and flip her over to get the tack off and she got right up and acted like nothing happened. Funny mare.
Monty then asked for a step back and she practically ran backwards across the pen. NICE YANG, THANKS FOR MAKING ME LOOK BAD!
Maya then decided she would be a good intern project for me.
That's been my job the last week, playing with her and other things of course. I have to figure out how to fix this issue she has with rearing. Bathing... rear, pivot... rear, tacking up... rear.
see a pattern?
She is doing much better though, I can now tack without the rear, and when the rain stops we will try with the bath again.
I'm learning so much, and really enjoying my time! Will try and update more often as I need to keep a log of Yangs progress anyway.
So hope to write again tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment